Saturday, 1 October 2016

So I Read... Eclipse.


It's been a while since I read anything from the Topcow section of Image, I was a massive fan of all things The Darkness and Witchblade but when I left comics I sold them all off; the affection was always still there. Once again I strolled into my comic shop to pick up my standing order and I spotted the first issue of Eclipse, saw the Topcow logo and decided it was a sale.

The story is an original one, the sun's rays have become so hot that they can burn a human being alive and as a result; mankind now lives a nocturnal life underground. The only way any human can survive on the surface during the day is to wear a special suit in case work on the electronics needs to be carried out, these are the Solar Engineers and one of them, the main character of the story is David, a man reaching the point where he doesn't care anymore. A killer has emerged and has used the sunlight to kill someone and left a message behind, his next target has been identified and David has been asked to help.

The story and artwork had nothing for me to complain about in the slightest, I loved how the world was portrayed when the scorching sun was casting its rays over it as David did his work and then how it switched to a miserable life underground where you can see him trying to keep to himself until a knock on his front door beckons him to help. I won't spoil how the first issue ends but it has been a while since I've seen a good cliff hanger and this certainly was one.

I recommend picking this comic up as this is a story I want to see reach a good conclusion, kudos to it for once again being a series that starts with no variant covers as this is something I welcome wholeheartedly. Check it out.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment